Lindley and Company LLC, a small local firm located in Seattle Washington, was founded in 2000 by Martha Lindley CPA to serve organizations that serve the community. Employees include both tax, accounting services and audit professionals. The Firm serves nonprofit and government organizations, especially those receiving funding required to be audited under OMB Circular A-133 and Government Auditing Standards. We have over forty-five non-profit organization clients, 90% of which require audit services. We have provided service for over seven government contracts, serving State and Local funders in both audit and program monitoring functions. We have over three hundred tax clients representing individual, corporate, partnership, exempt organizations and trusts/estates.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT – AND A PERFECT FIT FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION
- QUALIFICATION OF THE FIRM: Lindley and Company LLC has specialized in nonprofit organization’s audit and tax services since 2000, providing service to hundreds nonprofit organizations.
- QUALIFICATION OF THE AUDITORS: Auditors work full-time, year-round in the audit department. They have years of experience in both financial and compliance audits, as well as extensive data extraction experience.
- QUALIFICATION OF THE TAX PREPARERS: The tax preparers have years of experience in a variety of tax filings – nonprofit, individual, business and fiduciary experience. It takes years to become proficient in preparing returns efficiently, in a cost effective manner and assisting the client in understanding their return.
- AUDIT METHODOLOGY: We focus on educating our clients on methods to reduce audit time – and audit costs. We assist in streamlining procedures for a smooth, efficient, technological-savvy audit process. Our diverse client based includes both large and small organizations, so we tailor our audit plans for your organization. We resist “over-auditing”, we don’t send staff that are not required, and our fees are not increased during the year, if possible.
- FEES: The fee for services is very competitive for the quality of services provided. They are offered as our commitment to the continued success your Organization.
- CERTIFIED WASHINGTON WOMEN’S BUSINESS ENTERPRISE: Owned 100% by a woman, meeting any federal and other governmental requirements for using the services of women’s business.
The Firm has personally performed, supervised or managed hundreds financial statement audits for over forty-five not-for-profit organizations. These audits include social service agencies, housing projects, outreach services, health services and community organizations. A majority of these organizations also received federal funding and were subject to the reporting requirements of OMB Circular A-133. This experience results in a quality, professional and most importantly, useful, product.
FORMER INSTRUCTOR FOR AICPA: As a former national speaker for the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Martha is a sought after speaker on nonprofit topics, including presenting at the Colorado, Oregon and Washington CPA Nonprofit and Government conferences. Her participants have noted:
“Dynamic Presenter, humorous, very informative”
“One of the best presenters I’ve ever attended."
“Martha’s knowledge of accounting is extensive, and this (seminar) was well presented with enthusiasm, which made it fun”
“Martha is very organized, well-spoken, thorough” – “her breadth of knowledge is impressive”